Accounts Receivable Specialist
Are you a high performer? Now is your chance to check out a career opportunity with New Benefits, Ltd., America’s leading wholesaler of customizable non-insured health, personal security, financial, travel and leisure benefits! We have served associations, insurance companies, banks, credit unions, brokerage/consulting firms, insurance agencies, TPAs and employers since 1990. Thousands of clients and millions of members trust New Benefits to deliver exceptional customer service and support, superior products, administration, print services, billing and compliance while promoting integrity and honesty in the marketing of non-insured products and services.
Our office is conveniently located in the North Dallas area, and we are looking for YOU to be a part of our continued growth and success. Dazzling customer service is our promise!
We offer a fun, business casual environment with a strong company culture focused on employee engagement and recognition. As a valued member of our family, the Accounts Receivable Specialist will be eligible for a comprehensive benefits plan including paid vacations and holidays, 401(k) with company match, health, voluntary dental, paid life insurance and a New Benefits discount card.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is accountable for all aspects of the accounts receivable process, including invoice calculations, payment processing, calculating, and processing commissions, as well as collections (business to business). This position will also be cross-trained with all duties in the accounting department including AP and account reconciliations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Receive, process, and post payments via check, credit card, and ACH
- Resolve client billing questions and concerns using internal and external resources
- Complete reconciliations for accounts of various amounts and sizes
- Generate and process broker commissions, collaborate internally to verify accuracy and issue adjustments as needed
- Actively work to recover debts owed to the company, which could include the collection of accounts previously written off
- Create monthly reports and updates on delinquent accounts
- Manage positive business relationships with internal and external clients via in-person, phone, and email correspondence
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED required; AA degree or 2 years of college preferred
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivable required, minimum 2 years’ experience preferred
- Intermediate level skills with MS Office programs Outlook and Word with advanced skills in Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables etc.)
- Knowledge in QuickBooks and using multiple software systems efficiently
- Strong mathematical skills required
- Excellent active listening skills and concise communication skills
- Demonstrate critical thinking to identify potential solutions or innovative approaches for current operating procedures
- Strong customer service skills required
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task required
Job Specific Competencies
- Concise and accurate communication
- Attention to detail
- Advance research skills and ability to utilize available resources
- Mathematical reasoning
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to accurately execute manual repetitive processes daily
- Personal accountability
- Building collaborative relationships
- Flexibility – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment and adjusts effectively to work within new structures, processes, requirements, or cultures. Remains flexible despite adversity. Embraces change.
- Leadership – Facilitates a positive and productive team-oriented environment. Provides open communication/feedback within the team. Builds collaboration to maintain productive teams. Treats people with honesty and respect. Maintains positive relationships with employees at all levels. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with clients, vendors, and internal partners. Interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Innovation – Identifies and accomplishes challenging objectives or personal goals. Works effectively with others to achieve goals. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Maintains a high level of interest, enthusiasm, and personal performance. Takes steps to improve processes and find better solutions. Champions quality work and proactively takes steps to correct errors or improve overall products/solutions. Drives continuous improvement. Demonstrates a willingness to change approach based on feedback.
- Integrity – Supports and upholds the organization’s standards and values. Demonstrates honesty, reliability, and professionalism. Maintains the highest ethical standards.
- Passion – Provides excellent customer service to internal clients, partners, vendors, and teams. Responds promptly, professionally, effectively, and efficiently. Recognizes sense of urgency in responding to needs. Follows up to ensure requests, needs, and commitments are met consistently.
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- New Benefits Discount Card (Free to Employees and Immediate Family Members)
- 401k with a 5-year vesting
- 10 days of Vacation and 5 days of personal/sick
- 9.5 paid Holidays per year
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.