About New Benefits:
Are you a high performer? Now is your chance to check out a career opportunity with New Benefits, Ltd., America’s leading wholesaler of customizable non-insured health, personal security, financial, travel and leisure benefits! We have served associations, insurance companies, banks, credit unions, brokerage/consulting firms, insurance agencies, TPAs and employers since 1990. Thousands of clients and millions of members trust New Benefits to deliver exceptional customer service and support, superior products, administration, print services, billing and compliance while promoting integrity and honesty in the marketing of non-insured products and services.
Our office is conveniently located in the North Dallas area and we are looking for YOU to be a part of our continued growth and success. Dazzling customer service is our promise!
We offer a fun, business casual environment with a strong company culture focused on employee engagement and recognition. As a valued member of our family, The Controller will be eligible for a comprehensive benefits plan including paid vacations and holidays, 401(k) with company match, health, voluntary dental, paid life insurance and a New Benefits discount card.
The VP-Accounting/Controller directs all aspects of accounting and financial operations; overseeing, developing, and maintaining all transactions related to the general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll information, and financial reporting. The Controller is responsible for managing all departmental operations of the Accounting Department including all departmental staff, operations, and organizational structure for achieving departmental/company goals and objectives.
- Act as the head of the Accounting department (functions, staff, and organizational structure)
- Manage the Accounting team members’ daily activity, performance, development,
- Oversee all revenue generating activities
- Ensure accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Verify bank reconciliations are completed
- Confirm required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Reconcile daily, monthly and yearly transactions
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain a system of controls over all accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual audited financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings (sales tax, franchise tax, federal tax)
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Facilitate the purchase or renewal of insurance policies
- Monitor spending trends and identify possible cost savings
- Coordinate procurement activities
- Manage equipment leases – coordinate renewal or buy-out as appropriate
- Provide company leaders with insights for decision-making purposes
- Developing and coordinating all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Conduct monthly financial assessments and generates reports to be submitted to the Executive Management team
Qualification and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree in Accounting preferred
- CPA Preferred
- 8 – 15 years of accounting experience with track record of responsibility growth
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Excellent leadership, mentoring, coaching, and people management skills
- Superior organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task and perform under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with DPO/DMPO or insurance industry is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to strongly communicate, present, and influence
- Ability to recognize problems and provide solutions
- Demonstrated ability to be strategically minded and innovative
- Computer skills to include Windows, Microsoft applications; Excel, Outlook, QuickBooks, etc.
- Ability to independently use logical thinking and sound reasoning to make effective decisions
- Possess a strong passion and ability for delivering exceptional customer service to internal and external parties
- Strong follow-through skills
- Extraordinary time management and organizational skills
- Proven track record of dependability through tenure with previous employers
- Ability to talk or hear, both in person and by telephone
- Good visual acuity
- Must be able to perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours, and function in an environment with interruptions
- 3 business and 2 personal references required
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Flexibility – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment and adjusts effectively to work within new structures, processes, requirements, or cultures. Remains flexible in spite of adversity. Embraces change.
- Leadership – Facilitates a positive and productive team-oriented environment. Provides open communication/feedback within the team. Builds collaboration to maintain productive teams. Treats people with honesty and respect. Maintains positive relationships with employees at all levels. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with clients, vendors, and internal partners. Interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Innovation – Identifies and accomplishes challenging objectives or personal goals. Works effectively with others to achieve goals. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Maintains a high level of interest, enthusiasm, and personal performance. Takes steps to improve processes and find better solutions. Champions quality work and proactively takes steps to correct errors or improve overall products/solutions. Drives continuous improvement. Demonstrates a willingness to change approach based on feedback.
- Integrity – Supports and upholds the organization’s standards and values. Demonstrates honesty, reliability, and professionalism. Maintains the highest ethical standards.
- Passion – Provides excellent customer service to internal clients, partners, vendors, and teams. Responds promptly, professionally, effectively, and efficiently. Recognizes sense of urgency in responding to needs. Follows up to ensure requests, needs, and commitments are met consistently.
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- New Benefits Discount Card (Free to Employees and Immediate Family Members)
- 15 Vacation Days and 5 Personal/ Sick Days Annually
- 5 paid Holidays per year
Job Reports to:
Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer