Staff Accountant (AR/AP Specialist)
About New Benefits:
Are you a high performer? Now is your chance to check out a career opportunity with New Benefits, Ltd., America’s leading wholesaler of customizable non-insured health, personal security, financial, travel and leisure benefits! We have served associations, insurance companies, banks, credit unions, brokerage/consulting firms, insurance agencies, TPAs and employers since 1990. Thousands of clients and millions of members trust New Benefits to deliver exceptional customer service and support, superior products, administration, print services, billing and compliance while promoting integrity and honesty in the marketing of non-insured products and services.
Our office is conveniently located in the North Dallas area and we are looking for YOU to be a part of our continued growth and success. Dazzling customer service is our promise!
We offer a fun, business casual environment with a strong company culture focused on employee engagement and recognition. As a valued member of our family, the AR/AP Specialist will be eligible for a comprehensive benefits plan including paid vacations and holidays, 401(k) with company match, health, voluntary dental, paid life insurance and a New Benefits discount card.
The AR/AP Specialist is accountable for all aspects of the accounts receivable process, including invoice calculations, payment processing, preparing financial reports, calculating and processing commissions, as well as collections (business to business). This position will also be cross-trained with other areas in the Accounting Department and the AR Specialist will be groomed for future growth with the company.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receive, process and post incoming payments
- Resolve client billing questions and concerns using internal and external resources
- Reconcile invoice and payments for all accounts
- Verify and ensure accuracy of data prior to invoice distribution to clients
- Generate and process broker commissions, working with the Client Services team to verify fee structures and terms are correct and up to date each month
- Ensure all documentation from Brokers and Marketers is collected and the appropriate data is posted to the company’s accounting and billing systems
- Process expense reports for company employees
- Audit processes and standard operating procedures keeping records accurate and aligned with the company’s standards
- Actively work to recover debts owed to the company, which could include the collection of accounts previously written off
- Partner with Counsel to generate legal documents as necessary
- Provide monthly reports and updates on delinquent accounts, exceptions, contingent liabilities and accounts receivable aging
- Manage positive business relationships with Client Services, collection agencies, credit reporting agencies, and credit insurance providers
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred
- 2 years Accounts Receivables and/or Accounts Payables
- Advanced knowledge of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable required
- Excellent skills with MS Office programs including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Knowledge in QuickBooks or other major accounting software package
- Strong mathematical skills required
- Excellent active listening skills
- Demonstrate critical thinking to identify potential solutions or new approaches for current operating procedures
- Strong customer service experience required
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate information in a straightforward manner and resolve conflicts, but with an attitude of exceptional customer service
- Flexibility – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment and adjusts effectively to work within new structures, processes, requirements or cultures. Remains flexible in spite of adversity. Embraces change.
- Leadership – Facilitates a positive and productive team-oriented environment. Provides open communication/feedback within the team. Builds collaboration to maintain productive teams. Treats people with honesty and respect. Maintains positive relationships with employees at all levels. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with clients, vendors and internal partners. Interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Innovation – Identifies and accomplishes challenging objectives or personal goals. Works effectively with others to achieve goals. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Maintains a high level of interest, enthusiasm and personal performance. Takes steps to improve processes and find better solutions. Champions quality work and proactively takes steps to correct errors or improve overall products/solutions. Drives continuous improvement. Demonstrates a willingness to change approach based on feedback.
- Integrity – Supports and upholds the organization’s standards and values. Demonstrates honesty, reliability and professionalism. Maintains the highest ethical standards.
- Passion – Provides excellent customer service to internal clients, partners, vendors and teams. Responds promptly, professionally, effectively, and efficiently. Recognizes sense of urgency in responding to needs. Follows up to ensure requests, needs, and commitments are met consistently.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Persuasive Communication – The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences
- Building Collaborative Relationships – The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support
- Personal Credibility – Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy
- Attention to Communication – The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed
- Interpersonal Awareness – The ability to notice, interpret, and anticipate others’ concerns and feelings, and to communicate this awareness empathetically to others
- Analytical Thinking – The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Mathematical Reasoning – The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem
- Diagnostic Information Gathering – The ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information, when others are reluctant to disclose it
- Thoroughness – Ensuring that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- New Benefits Discount Card (Free to Employees and Immediate Family Members)
- 401K with a 5-year vesting
- 10 days’ Vacation and 5 days of personal / sick
- 9.5 paid Holidays per year
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Reports to: