Service Advocate (Bilingual)
Are you a high performer? Now is your chance to check out a career opportunity with New Benefits, Ltd., America’s leading wholesaler of customizable non-insured health, personal security, financial, travel and leisure benefits! We have served associations, insurance companies, banks, credit unions, brokerage/consulting firms, insurance agencies, TPAs and employers since 1990. Thousands of clients and millions of members trust New Benefits to deliver exceptional customer service and support, superior products, administration, print services, billing and compliance while promoting integrity and honesty in the marketing of non-insured products and services.
Our office is conveniently located in the North Dallas area and we are looking for YOU to be a part of our continued growth and success. Dazzling customer service is our promise!
We offer a fun, business casual environment with a strong company culture focused on employee engagement and recognition. As a valued member of our family, the Service Advocate will be eligible for a comprehensive benefits plan including paid vacations and holidays, 401(k) with company match, health, voluntary dental, paid life insurance and a New Benefits discount card.
The Service Advocate is responsible for providing quality customer service in our inbound call center.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Take inbound calls in English and Spanish from members, clients, and providers as well as explain member benefits, products, and help locate providers
- Answer all incoming calls and makes necessary outbound calls to provide consistently DAZZLING service.
- Achieve and maintain 90% monitoring average
- Resolve Level 1 problems within 24 hours
Qualifications and Skills
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish is required
- Call Center experience is preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a strong passion and ability for delivering exceptional customer service to internal and external parties
- Ability to type and handle phone conversation simultaneously
- Ability to talk or hear, both in person and by telephone- including use of headset equipment
- Good visual acuity
- Repetitively feel and operate standard office equipment
- Must be able to perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours, and function in an environment with interruptions
- Ensure consistent schedule adherence, including arrival to work, punctuality returning from breaks/lunches, and departing from work as scheduled
- Strong follow-through skills
- Extraordinary time management and organizational skills
- Flexibility – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment and adjusts effectively to work within new structures, processes, requirements, or cultures. Remains flexible despite adversity. Embraces change.
- Leadership – Facilitates a positive and productive team-oriented environment. Provides open communication/feedback within the team. Builds collaboration to maintain productive teams. Treats people with honesty and respect. Maintains positive relationships with employees at all levels. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with clients, vendors, and internal partners. Interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Innovation – Identifies and accomplishes challenging objectives or personal goals. Works effectively with others to achieve goals. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Maintains a high level of interest, enthusiasm, and personal performance. Takes steps to improve processes and find better solutions. Champions quality work and proactively takes steps to correct errors or improve overall products/solutions. Drives continuous improvement. Demonstrates a willingness to change approach based on feedback.
- Integrity – Supports and upholds the organization’s standards and values. Demonstrates honesty, reliability, and professionalism. Maintains the highest ethical standards.
- Passion – Provides excellent customer service to internal clients, partners, vendors, and teams. Responds promptly, professionally, effectively, and efficiently. Recognizes sense of urgency in responding to needs. Follows up to ensure requests, needs, and commitments are met consistently.
Job Specific Competencies
- Technical Expertise – The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Diagnostic Information Gathering – The ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information, when others are reluctant to disclose it.
- Analytical Thinking – The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Thoroughness – Ensuring that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Attention to Communication – The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
- Customer Orientation – The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers.
- Managing Change – The ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness; initiating, sponsoring, and implementing organizational change; helping others to successfully manage organizational change.
- Stress Management – The ability to keep functioning effectively when under pressure and maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation.
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- New Benefits Discount Card (Free to Employees and Immediate Family Members)
- 401k with a 5-year vesting
- 5 days of Vacation and 5 days of personal/sick
- 5 paid Holidays per year
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Member Support Manager