Now is your chance to consider a career opportunity with New Benefits, Ltd., America’s leading wholesaler of discount medical, ID Theft Protection, legal, travel and leisure benefits! We have served associations, insurance companies, banks, credit unions, brokerage/consulting firms, insurance agencies, TPAs and employers since 1990. Thousands of clients and millions of members trust New Benefits to deliver exceptional products, customer service and unparalleled support.
Our office is conveniently located in the North Dallas area and we are looking for YOU to be a part of our continued growth and success. Dazzling customer service is our promise!
We offer a fun, business casual environment with a strong company culture focused on employee engagement and recognition. As a valued member of our family, the Vendor Relationship Specialist is eligible for a comprehensive benefits plan including paid vacations and holidays, 401(k) with company match, health, voluntary dental, paid life insurance and a New Benefits discount card.
The Product Specialist is responsible for researching, vetting, contracting and implementing new vendors/products for the Elelife Marketplace. The Product Specialist is the subject matter expert for all ancillary Elelife products and integration methods.
- Source and research ancillary products for inclusion on the Elelife Marketplace
- Initiate conversations with new potential partners, vet partnership opportunities and facilitate contracting
- Perform competitive analysis between similar products
- Serve as subject matter expert for all products sold through Elelife
- Work with appropriate internal teams to ensure successful implementation of product
- Understand and be able to effectively communicate different integration options with each product vendor
- Monitor and track product sales and revenue through Elelife Marketplace
- Manage on-going communication/relationships with Elelife vendors
- Proactively contact Elelife vendors to nurture relationships, discuss product changes and encourage product enhancements and additional sales opportunities
- Communicate new Elelife vendors/products to the New Benefits teams
- Monitor and understand market trends to enhance and maintain a diversified product portfolio with relevant and innovative products
- Educate the Sales and Marketing Departments, and collaborate with them to facilitate marketing and sales material creation to clearly communicate product value
- Work with Elelife storefront creation team to effectively communicate product value and comparisons to like items.
- Other duties as assigned
Core Competencies (F.L.I.I.P.):
- Flexibility – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment and adjusts effectively to work within new structures, processes, requirements or cultures. Remains flexible in spite of adversity. Embraces change.
- Leadership – Facilitates a positive and productive team oriented environment. Provides open communication/feedback within the team. Builds collaboration to maintain productive teams. Treats people with honesty and respect. Maintains positive relationships with employees at all levels. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with clients, vendors and internal partners. Interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Innovation – Identifies and accomplishes challenging objectives or personal goals. Works effectively with others to achieve goals. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Maintains a high level of interest, enthusiasm and personal performance. Takes steps to improve processes and find better solutions. Champions quality work and proactively takes steps to correct errors or improve overall products/solutions. Drives continuous improvement. Demonstrates a willingness to change approach based on feedback.
- Integrity – Supports and upholds the organization’s standards and values. Demonstrates honesty, reliability and professionalism. Maintains the highest ethical standards.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal clients, partners, vendors and teams. Respond promptly, professionally, effectively, and efficiently. Recognize sense of urgency in responding to needs and follow up to ensure requests, needs, and commitments are met consistently.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in healthcare, product management, vendor management and/or Sales
- 3+ years of experience building and nurturing business relationships
- 3+ years of contract negotiation
- Superior organizational skills/ability to manage projects and all details
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is essential
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to effectively network and communicate with all levels of staff, both internally and externally
- Results oriented
- Experience in insurance sales and/or business development a plus
- Familiar with discount medical benefits such as: prescription drug, dental, telemedicine a plus
- Ability to recognize problems and identify correct solutions
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
- Computer Skills: Windows Environment, strong MS Office skills, Internet, and proprietary databases
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position
Vendor Relations Manager