IT Data Analyst
Are you a high performer? Now is your chance to check out a career opportunity with New Benefits, Ltd., America’s leading wholesaler of customizable non-insured health, personal security, financial, travel and leisure benefits! We have served associations, insurance companies, banks, credit unions, brokerage/consulting firms, insurance agencies, TPAs and employers since 1990. Thousands of clients and millions of members trust New Benefits to deliver exceptional customer service and support, superior products, administration, print services, billing and compliance while promoting integrity and honesty in the marketing of non-insured products and services.
Our office is conveniently located in the North Dallas area and we are looking for YOU to be a part of our continued growth and success. Dazzling customer service is our promise!
We offer a fun, business casual environment with a strong company culture focused on employee engagement and recognition. As a valued member of our family, the IT Data Analyst is eligible for a comprehensive benefits plan including paid vacations and holidays, 401(k) with company match, health, voluntary dental, paid life insurance and a New Benefits discount card.
The IT Data Analyst should be highly skilled in all aspects of data analytics, including mining, generation and visualization; and is responsible for transforming data into readable, goal-driven reports for continued business innovation and growth. The IT Data Analyst’s primary functions are to turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions. Other Data Analyst responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. New Benefits’ Data Analysts will also develop analysis and reporting capabilities as well as monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders or out of self-initiated curiosity with an eye for what drives business performance, investigating and communicating areas for improvement in efficiency and productivity
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Interacts with the IT team to understand how information is stored, modeled, and tagged
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Train end-users on new reports and dashboards
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strategic Thinking – The ability to analyze the organization’s competitive position by considering market and industry trends, existing and potential customers, and strengths and weaknesses as compared to competitors.
- Diagnostic Information Gathering – The ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information, when others are reluctant to disclose it.
- Forward Thinking – The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Strategic, intellectually curious thinker with focus on outcomes
- Knowledge of Python, R, AI, and machine learning is a plus
- Knowledge of MS PowerBI, Kibana, and Elasticsearch is a plus
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours, and function in an environment with interruptions
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to talk or hear, both in person and by telephone
- Good visual acuity
- Capable of lifting up to 25 pounds
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or technology related field preferred
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Core Competencies (F.L.I.I.P.):
- Flexibility – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment and adjusts effectively to work within new structures, processes, requirements or cultures. Remains flexible in spite of adversity. Embraces change.
- Leadership – Facilitates a positive and productive team oriented environment. Provides open communication/feedback within the team. Builds collaboration to maintain productive teams. Treats people with honesty and respect. Maintains positive relationships with employees at all levels. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with clients, vendors and internal partners. Interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Innovation – Identifies and accomplishes challenging objectives or personal goals. Works effectively with others to achieve goals. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Maintains a high level of interest, enthusiasm and personal performance. Takes steps to improve processes and find better solutions. Champions quality work and proactively takes steps to correct errors or improve overall products/solutions. Drives continuous improvement. Demonstrates a willingness to change approach based on feedback.
- Integrity – Supports and upholds the organization’s standards and values. Demonstrates honesty, reliability and professionalism. Maintains the highest ethical standards.
- Passion – Provides excellent customer service to internal clients, partners, vendors and teams. Responds promptly, professionally, effectively, and efficiently. Recognizes sense of urgency in responding to needs. Follows up to ensure requests, needs, and commitments are met consistently.
Reports to: Director of Information Technology