Are you a high performer? Now is your chance to consider a career opportunity with New Benefits, Ltd., America’s leading wholesaler of customizable non-insured health, personal security, financial, travel and leisure benefits! We have served associations, insurance companies, banks, credit unions, brokerage/consulting firms, insurance agencies, TPAs and employers since 1990. Thousands of clients and millions of members trust New Benefits to deliver exceptional customer service and support, superior products, administration, print services, billing and compliance while promoting integrity and honesty in the marketing of non-insured products and services.
Our office is conveniently located in the North Dallas area, and we are looking for YOU to be a part of our continued growth and success. Dazzling customer service is our promise!
We offer a fun, business casual environment with a strong company culture focused on employee engagement and recognition. As a valued member of our family, the HR Generalist is eligible for a comprehensive benefits plan including paid vacations and holidays, 401(k) with company match, health, voluntary dental, paid life insurance and a New Benefits discount card.
The Human Resources Generalist originates and leads human resources practices and objectives that provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture emphasizing flexibility, leadership, integrity, innovation, and passion with a goal for ongoing development of a superior workforce. The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: full cycle recruiting, payroll, employee relations, benefits, compensation, engagement initiatives, and other key HR related administrative functions. The HR Generalist should support the Human Resources Manager in a way that allows them to maximize their time spent on strategic HR and business issues.
Responsibilities and Duties
Staffing/Employment Selection/Recruiting (heavy recruitment)
- Identify business/departmental staffing needs by proactively partnering with department heads on a monthly basis and as sourcing needs arise
- Start staffing requisitions after the HR Manager researches/creates/approves the job description and salary range
- Ensure they are approved before posting the position/continuing the recruitment process
- Review applications/resumes; interview job applicants; evaluate applicant skills and make recommendations regarding their qualifications
- Maintain a pipeline of talented and qualified individuals
- Source active and passive candidates, and continuously update applicant tracking log with potential candidates for current and upcoming positions
- Develop job postings to accurately reflect job requirements and company culture.
- Identify best channels for internal and external advertising of job vacancies, including job boards, local universities and trade schools, professional associations, social media outlets, and recruitment events
- Ensure positions are filled in a timely manner
- Collaborate with HR Manager on the development of new hire offer letter and participate in on-boarding as required
- Measure recruitment practices against recruitment metrics, analyze for gaps, and develop innovative solutions
- Ensure compliance of hiring practices with legislation
- Assist with the development of performance management initiatives and procedures
- Prepare and distribute employee communication (letters and email notifications)
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work-complaints, or other employee concerns (i.e., FMLA, workers compensation and corrective action) while keeping the HR Manager updated
- Provide information regarding policies to employees and managers as requested
- Collaborate with HR Manager to design and implement employee recognition and reward initiatives
- Identify opportunities to enhance the company’s existing culture to keep employees excited and engaged
- Conduct exit interviews and ensure that necessary employment termination paperwork is completed
- Document all employee relations conversations and place in the correct file(s)
- Maintain department SOP’s including payroll and general department guidelines
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, and regulations
Benefits & Payroll Administration
- Administer and explain benefits (Discount and Major Medical) to employees, including serving as a liaison to the carriers
- Manage COBRA administration and tracking for terminated employees
- Accurately process bi-weekly payroll and 401k deferrals, reporting, etc.
- Manage employee changes in the payroll system including personal data, job data, and salary information
- Audit payroll and benefit vendors annually and make change recommendations when necessary.
- Identify training needs and prepare, conduct, and evaluate training sessions throughout the year (i.e., management training, sexual harassment training, team building, etc.)
- Ensure personal ongoing development to maintain the knowledge and skills necessary to complete the job
- Analyze employment-related data and prepare required reports as requested
- Maintain employee files and records
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Be passionate about Human Resources
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ Experience in Human Resources is required
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with payroll processing is preferred
- Recruiting experience is required
- Knowledge of benefit administration and employment law is required
- Ability to independently use logical thinking and sound reasoning to make effective decisions
- Excellent written/verbal skills
- Outgoing, proactive, and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and assimilate large quantities of information quickly without sacrificing quality and detail
- Strong follow-through skills
- Require minimal supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively with other team members by effectively integrating personal skills with those of others in accomplishing organizational goals
- Resilience to effectively manage problems and accept constructive criticism
- Proven track record of dependability through tenure with previous employers or internal positions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- PHR or other HR certifications preferred
- Must be able to perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours, and function in an environment with interruptions
- Flexibility – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment and adjusts effectively to work within new structures, processes, requirements, or cultures. Remains flexible despite adversity. Embraces change.
- Leadership – Facilitates a positive and productive team-oriented environment. Provides open communication/feedback within the team. Builds collaboration to maintain productive teams. Treats people with honesty and respect. Maintains positive relationships with employees at all levels. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with clients, vendors, and internal partners. Interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Innovation – Identifies and accomplishes challenging objectives or personal goals. Works effectively with others to achieve goals. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Maintains a high level of interest, enthusiasm, and personal performance. Takes steps to improve processes and find better solutions. Champions quality work and proactively takes steps to correct errors or improve overall products/solutions. Drives continuous improvement. Demonstrates a willingness to change approach based on feedback.
- Integrity – Supports and upholds the organization’s standards and values. Demonstrates honesty, reliability, and professionalism. Maintains the highest ethical standards.
- Passion – Provides excellent customer service to internal clients, partners, vendors, and teams. Responds promptly, professionally, effectively, and efficiently. Recognizes sense of urgency in responding to needs. Follows up to ensure requests, needs, and commitments are met consistently.
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- New Benefits Discount Card (Free to Employees and Immediate Family Members)
- 401K with a 5-year vesting
- 10 days’ Vacation and 5 days of personal / sick
- 10.5 paid Holidays per year
- Remote work/hybrid scheduling available
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Human Resources Manager