Full Stack Developer
Are you a high performer? Now is your chance to consider a career opportunity with New Benefits, Ltd., America’s leading wholesaler of customizable non-insured health, personal security, financial, travel and leisure benefits! We have served associations, insurance companies, banks, credit unions, brokerage/consulting firms, insurance agencies, TPAs and employers since 1990. Thousands of clients and millions of members trust New Benefits to deliver exceptional customer service and support, superior products, administration, print services, billing and compliance while promoting integrity and honesty in the marketing of non-insured products and services.
Our office is conveniently located in the North Dallas area and we are looking for YOU to be a part of our continued growth and success. Dazzling customer service is our promise!
We offer a fun, business casual environment with a strong company culture focused on employee engagement and recognition. As a valued member of our family, the Full Stack Developer is eligible for a comprehensive benefits plan including paid vacations and holidays, 401(k) with company match, health, voluntary dental, paid life insurance and a New Benefits discount card.
At New Benefits we embrace the “out of the box thinker” who loves their work. We are looking for a candidate who consistently steps up to quality challenges by always asking questions like “are we solving the customer problems?” and “did we make it easier to use without risking security breaches?” We are looking for a candidate who ensures functional accuracy and system functionality by working closely with scrum teams and Product Owners, and also learns on the job, constantly striving to improve quality and build personal skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work within the scaled agile for the enterprise (SAFe) development methodology to enable us to more quickly ship new features into production at scale
- Develop and maintain our web framework to serve the needs of different areas of the business and user personas
- Develop applications to leverage existing microservices framework and collaborate with team members to build new microservices to meet current and future needs
- Implement new logging, data collection, and storage architectures to support our voracious appetite for data and data-driven insights
- Own web development projects from backend to the presentation layer
- Work through a variety of technical challenges that will require creativity and close collaboration across internal functions
- Own the deployment process
- Release early, release often (we love continuous integration)
Qualifications and Skills
Application and Data Architecting
- At least 5+ years of experience in a lead role developing scalable, dynamic applications for the enterprise
- At least 5+ years of experience architecting responsive data structures
- At least 5+ years of experience working with Microsoft SQL
- Proficient in .Net stack, C#
- Front-end (CSS) frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap
- Experience and knowledge of content management systems
- Solid understating of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and modern programming techniques and design patterns
- Experience working with a design system is a plus
- API design and development
- CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
- RESTful Services
- Experience using and developing microservices
- Proficient in MS SQL.
- Web server technologies like J2EE, IIS
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field from an accredited university
- Ability to translate key business requirements into application design
- Past experience or familiarity with architectural patterns of large, high-scale web or mobile applications
- Demonstrated design and UX proficiency; experience visualizing UIs and the ability to customize components to fit the application
- Deals well with ambiguous or undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Multiple years’ experience designing, developing, configuring, implementing, and managing applications
- Experience working and delivering applications in an Agile development environment
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and other web best practices
- Knowledge or experience with web performance testing preferred
- Experience with AWS or Azure strongly preferred
- Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures, and design approach to development
- Familiarity with Scaled Agile (SAFe) a plus
- Flexibility – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment and adjusts effectively to work within new structures, processes, requirements, or cultures. Remains flexible despite adversity. Embraces change.
- Leadership – Facilitates a positive and productive team-oriented environment. Provides open communication/feedback within the team. Builds collaboration to maintain productive teams. Treats people with honesty and respect. Maintains positive relationships with employees at all levels. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with clients, vendors, and internal partners. Interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Innovation – Identifies and accomplishes challenging objectives or personal goals. Works effectively with others to achieve goals. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Maintains a high level of interest, enthusiasm, and personal performance. Takes steps to improve processes and find better solutions. Champions quality work and proactively takes steps to correct errors or improve overall products/solutions. Drives continuous improvement. Demonstrates a willingness to change approach based on feedback.
- Integrity – Supports and upholds the organization’s standards and values. Demonstrates honesty, reliability, and professionalism. Maintains the highest ethical standards.
- Passion – Provides excellent customer service to internal clients, partners, vendors, and teams. Responds promptly, professionally, effectively, and efficiently. Recognizes sense of urgency in responding to needs. Follows up to ensure requests, needs, and commitments are met consistently.
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- New Benefits Discount Card (Free to Employees and Immediate Family Members)
- 401K with a 5-year vesting
- 10 days’ Vacation and 5 days of personal / sick
- 10.5 paid Holidays per year
- Remote work/hybrid scheduling available
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Director of Information Technology