Now is your chance to consider a career opportunity with New Benefits, Ltd., America’s leading wholesaler of discount medical, ID Theft Protection, legal, travel and leisure benefits! We have served associations, insurance companies, banks, credit unions, brokerage/consulting firms, insurance agencies, TPAs and employers since 1990. Thousands of clients and millions of members trust New Benefits to deliver exceptional products, customer service and unparalleled support.
Our office is conveniently located in the North Dallas area, and we are looking for YOU to be a part of our continued growth and success. Dazzling customer service is our promise!
We offer a fun, business casual environment with a strong company culture focused on employee engagement and recognition. As a valued member of our family, the Accounting Supervisor is eligible for a comprehensive benefits plan including paid vacations and holidays, 401(k) with company match, health, voluntary dental, paid life insurance and a New Benefits discount card.
The Accounting Supervisor is accountable for all aspects of the accounts receivable process, including billing calculations, payment posting and reconciliation, performing periodic financial reviews of existing customers, calculate and process commissions, and managing the collections process. This position will also be cross trained in other areas of the Accounting Department and will be groomed for future growth.
- Heavy Accounts Receivable focus
- Process payments received (via check, ACH, credit card)
- Answer phones, respond to client emails
- Data entry of client account information
- Process and sort incoming mail
- Resolve payment concerns such as overpayments and short payments
- Partner with Accounting Manager to generate and verify invoices and commissions
- Maintain confidential financial information
- Additional duties as delegated
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School diploma Required; Some college preferred
- At least 2 years Account Receivable experience
- Excellent skills with MS Office programs including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Knowledge in QuickBooks or other major accounting software package
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills required
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Excellent customer service experience and leadership skills required
Core Competencies (F.L.I.I.P.):
- Flexibility – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment and adjusts effectively to work within new structures, processes, requirements, or cultures. Remains flexible despite adversity. Embraces change.
- Leadership – Facilitates a positive and productive team-oriented environment. Provides open communication/feedback within the team. Builds collaboration to maintain productive teams. Treats people with honesty and respect. Maintains positive relationships with employees at all levels. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with clients, vendors, and internal partners. Interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Innovation – Identifies and accomplishes challenging objectives or personal goals. Works effectively with others to achieve goals. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Maintains a high level of interest, enthusiasm and personal performance. Takes steps to improve processes and find better solutions. Champions quality work and proactively takes steps to correct errors or improve overall products/solutions. Drives continuous improvement. Demonstrates a willingness to change approach based on feedback.
- Integrity – Supports and upholds the organization’s standards and values. Demonstrates honesty, reliability, and professionalism. Maintains the highest ethical standards.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal clients, partners, vendors, and teams. Respond promptly, professionally, effectively, and efficiently. Recognize sense of urgency in responding to needs and follow up to ensure requests, needs, and commitments are met consistently.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position
Reports to: Accounting Manager