Free tax return preparation and year-round support. Tax experts provide advice, planning and audit assistance to help you avoid mistakes, penalties and interest. Your year-end tax preparation is painless and frustration free!
- Advice from tax attorneys, financial analysts, CPA's, former auditors and/or Enrolled Agents certified by the IRS
- Unlimited advice on federal taxes
- Free tax return preparation for 1040EZ, 1040A and 1040 and review of last year’s return (limit one per household)
- Discounts on other tax forms and schedules
- Member portal with tax tips, tax law changes, advice and more
Tax Hotline FAQ
Q. What does the Tax Hotline do?
A. Tax Hotline offers members access to unlimited tax advice, prior year tax return reviews, and free tax return preparation for forms 1040A, 1040EZ and the standard 1040. In addition, Tax Hotline provides members with access to discounts on numerous tax return schedules and forms. By using a toll-free number during normal business hours, members will be able to effectively plan in advance so the year-end tax preparation is free and painless.
Q. Who is behind the Tax Hotline?
A. All tax and financial assistance is provided by tax attorneys, financial analysts, CPAs, former auditors and/or Enrolled Agents certified by the IRS. This team of professionals is ready to answer tax questions in a confidential and secure environment.
Q. What guarantee do members have that the tax returns will be accurate?
A. All tax and financial advice is backed by a $1 million liability policy.
Q. Why would a member who uses tax preparation software to file taxes need the Tax Hotline?
A. With today's tax software programs, users need more than help screens. Offering live, one-on-one direct answers to members' tax questions over the phone, the Tax Hotline steps in with tax advice tailored specifically to a member's unique situation.
Q. How would the Tax Hotline assist members in the event of an audit?
A. Tax Hotline will review any notice or letter issued by the IRS and provide professional advice on how to understand and solve the matter. Tax Hotline experts assist and advise members who get audited by reviewing the IRS audit notification and helping sort out the facts.
Q. What sort of questions do members ask?
A. Members may ask questions covering any aspect of U.S. tax law, such as:
- Should I open a ROTH IRA?
- How does the capital gains tax work?
- Is the money I inherited taxable?
- Which tax form do I file?
- Is my Social Security or retirement taxable?
- Do I get a break for child care expenses?
- Should I itemize deductions?
- Which deductions can I take if I have a home-based business?